Preparing Yourself and Your Home For Your New Pet Sugar Gliders
- Make sure you have a Sugar Glider Knowledgeable Veterinarian available. Post his/her number where you will have easy access to it at all times.
- Have your Sugar Gliders Cage prepared and ready with toys, wheels, pouches, food, water bottle etc.
- Have a first aid kit set up, complete with E-Collar
- Be familiar with the bonding techniques. (Please visit the FUN, TIPS, & TRICKS page for more info!)
- Be sure to have your Sugar Glider Breeders name and number in case you have any questions or concerns once you bring your new pet home.
PREPARING YOUR HOME
Having a safe environment is important and many of the things we don’t think about are the most dangerous in our homes for Sugar Gliders. Be sure to go over the checklist below to help make your home Sugar Glider safe. Bathrooms are known to be the most common area to bond with a sugar glider, so we will start there.
It is not advised to allow your glider to have access to the rest of your home unless under close supervision as many accidents have happened.
Kitchen area is an area where your sugar glider can run behind and in your refrigerator and stove. Sugar gliders have been killed by electrical shock this way. It is recommended to keep your sugar glider out of this area of the house if at all possible.
Livingroom & Bedrooms
Copyright © 2004 Critter Love® All Rights Reserved - Webmaster: Critter Love®